Sunday, May 12, 2013

Girl Meets World


I'm losing all faith in the Sherlock Holmes series. I die a little more inside when I see an update. But I'm reminded that it's going to come out only in Fall this year. Elementary is airing fewer episodes than I would like it to be. But I don't blame them. Each one is equally gripping than the previous one. It'll be interesting to see how the story turns, now that Irene Adler is introduced.

I am left with no choice but to take my head out of my near to perfect life and face the music. It all started with the Boston marathon bombings news delivered to me by my fiance. Note: I don't own a TV which is why it's so easy to cut off from the world. Whatever happened in boston is pretty horrific. I especially agree with the prez when he says that it's difficult to detect terrorism when it's done by self radicalized individuals. 

Anyway my point being that this news has consumed a big part of me. I am constantly looking for updates on the case and trying to picture it in my head about how it all went down. I mean the news already talks a lot but just trying to get my head around what each one of the involved individuals must be going through. 

My Sherlock Holmes obsession had not completely died down, when Amanda Knox was back on the radar. After completely reading her case or whatever tidbits that are shared online, I have to agree I felt like I'm Watson. He sometimes has good insights in the case but who are we kidding. We know Sherlock Holmes is the man. 

Well the funny thing about that is, in real life there is no Sherlock Holmes. This is not a script nor is it a 1 hour episode in which you feel satisfied when you find out about the killer. When will there be an end to the news? I call Never. It's ever evolving... the boston bombings and Amanda Knox stories are now replaced by Jodi Arias trial and Cleveland kidnappings. But one thing is for sure.... I'm happy to meet the real world even though it's full of lies, sick individuals, murderers and bombers.

Just trying to not get too consumed with everyone else's stories. Working hard to keep it real. 

Sincerely,
The real me

P.S I suggest to get the Flipboard app. It's letting me stay on top of things.

No comments: