Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A pat on my back

Each day is a brand new day... some days are like most days. But today is that OTHER day. Even though it started off as a normal day... I put together a perfectly nice outfit for work and felt good about my new yellow shoes. It was just the pop of color I needed in my routine day.
I got off work early and decided to do some chores. I was running low on windshield fluid.. so I bought a bottle from Walmart. Today is the first time I popped the hood of my car. Yeah yeah ... I've done more complicated things like changing the car battery which is in the trunk..show off. So I located the windshield sign and the job was wonderfully done. <standing ovation please>
I even bought myself an awesome GE toaster. It is no ordinary toaster... you can decide the level of browness in your bread. Now that's beautiful.. I'm living life in color!
I rewarded myself by going to Panera Bread. I picked the most expensive item that sounded good as well. Guess what..it tasted better. Sometimes the expensive things in life are better..whoever thought otherwise. 
This is me, not only getting excited about my little accomplishment's but patting myself on the back once in a while. It's important to do that sometimes... you need to give yourself the credit you deserve. 

Colorful and Proud,
Me

P.S. Checked off eating by myself in a restaurant without feeling awkward at all.


No comments: